So many are addicted to so many things....alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. My addiction is a little different. It is Coke - Coca Cola that is! What were you thinking?
Addiction is defined in Webster as a "compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal."
I am proud to say that I am 10 days sober from my coca cola addiction! (Don't worry I can hear your applause) It's a weird thing, addiction that is. Everyone reacts differently between headaches, shakes, moodiness, etc. I know I'm making being addicted to pop sound really heavy but it is real. I tried to stop before and got the shakes when it came to the usual time I had pop in the afternoon. This time around, I haven't had too many side effects. In the first week, I was down 2 lbs, but notice that I have unconsciously been replacing it with eating. They say it takes 21 days to break a habit, so I have to keep the eating under control during this time.
I have definitely been tempted as well. Just the sound of pop opening (can or bottle) makes my mouth water! Today I gave blood and after they always give you something to eat and drink. I opened the mini refrigerator to grab a drink and there was a wall of Coke! I opted for the OJ, but definitely thought about the Coke for a while after that. It's odd when the urge comes up too like in stressful times and in bored times. I guess it just filled a spot for me.
For my weight loss and healthy living journey, I'm determined to kick this. I'm on day 10 of 21 and holding strong. After the 21 days, I'm hoping to not have the desire any longer. But as with any addict, you're always an addict. You just have more control and more reason to not fall off the band wagon when you're fighting it.
Here's to no more Coke, being more healthy and to others that are fighting any kind of addiction. I feel like I know by a small percentage a little of what you're dealing with. Best wishes!
PS - You're listening to "Addiction" by Medina
No comments:
Post a Comment