Sunday, July 10, 2011

When The Love Is Right

Happy Anniversary Honey! Today marks 7 years married for Nate and me. We've been together almost 12 years all together. It's hard to believe it's been this long, but it's been wonderful. I've heard people talk about the "seven year itch." At the seven year mark, people get bored or become complacent in their relationship. I don't know if this is seven years together or seven years married, but it doesn't matter. I think that was once someone's excuse for not truly being invested in their relationship and it caught on somewhere.

I am happy to say that the seven year itch is a myth for the Hershbergers. I believe we are just as happy or happier than we were that long ago. Do we have arguments? Of course and family and friends have been witnesses to some of these! If a couple says they never argue, then personally I feel someone is holding back. Conflict isn't a horrible thing. You learn a lot from it. It's about how you get through/past/over it that shows the strength in your relationship.

What has been our success? Well, due to various circumstances, we were friends first. You have to enjoy each other's company. Nate makes me laugh. He makes me feel secure. While I adore him, I won't say Nate is the most romantic man on earth, but he knows when I need to be held or just listened to and that's important to me. I'm not always the easiest person to deal with and Nate puts up with a lot in my crazy moments. We teach each other things all the time, consciously and unconsciously.

Ultimately, if you're married to your best friend, can have open and honest communication, can laugh through anything and learn from each other, I think those are keys to success.

Our wedding song was by Tourniquet and called "When the Love Is Right." I wish I could find it to add to my playlist because it says everything. The lyrics are below and hold true for us to this day!

The journey through our life can bring
A place and time for everything
A day of hope, a year of fears
A thousand smiles, a million tears

Our paths were meant to cross
And I couldn't forget you
No matter what the cost
We both had to see this through

Take my hand, take my heart
We will never be apart
Never be apart
Because I love you

Follow me and I'll lead you
Lead me and I'll follow you
Anywhere, anytime
When the love is right
The path is bright

From the Father of Light you came
And I know I'll never be the same...again
A beautiful gift has been given to me
Your smiling face is all I see

The look that's in your eyes
and the smile that sets me free
has made me realize all that you see in me

Take my hand, take my heart
We will never be apart
Never be apart
Because I love you

Follow me and I'll lead you
Lead me and I'll follow you
Anywhere, anytime
When the love is right
The path is bright

Together now and forever
You are the one
You are my everything
To me you bring the love that I have waited for
The love that I....
The love that I have waited for

The look that's in your eyes
and the smile that sets me free
has made me realize all that you see in me
Our paths were meant to cross
and I couldn't forget you

The soul of you is the soul of me
The way that it was meant to be
Follow me and I'll lead you
Lead me and I'll follow you
Anywhere, anytime
When the love is right
The path is bright

Together now and forever
You are the one
You are my everything
To me you bring the love that I have waited for
The love that I have waited for
The love that I....
The love that I have waited for

I love you Nathan and I look forward to growing old with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment